Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012 - Podcast

Here, finally, is my podcast in response to the Single Story TED Talk.  My IB Learner Profile video should be up shortly, although I've been having so many computer issues, that is not definite.  Despite having free reign on three computers, I am having difficulty making a good video which does not self delete as soon as I save it.  This is because the Widows Movie Maker on the two desktops at my house is the old version which replaces all pictures with large red Xs if it can't find them, which is always unless you have a memory key and have all files and things on that key.  It's incredibly unreliable, the product is not as good, the interface is irritating and confusing, and exporting the smallest video takes hours.  I would prefer to be using iMovie on the mac, but my laptop too is so old that it no longer has enough memory space to save pictures, let alone videos.  Each time I make my video there, it refuses to save, then glitches and won't even show the video.  This has never happened before, so I am hoping to have fixed the problem before I go to bed tonight.  Either way, I'm learning a lot about computer maintenance, programs, and quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment