Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 9, 2012 - Mesh

I volunteer at the Bat Zone, the Organization for Bat Conservation's headquarters, every Sunday.  There, I help to clean the cages of the fruit bats, chop up their food, and handle some of the other nocturnal animals that live there, such as sugar gliders.  I would like to be able to handle bats as well but, being a minor, I need a rabies pre-exposure shot before I can directly interact with any of them, even though they have all been tested for rabies and have no way to become exposed to it.  While there this week, I asked that day's head of animal care, Amanda, if I could have the polyethylene mesh I needed to construct my bat houses.  She was very excited about the project and gave me the mesh before I left.  Now, I have all the materials I need and will be able to start building soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment