Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Accounts

Today, I created several new accounts with various web tools in connection with the MYP and Personal Project.  I created a diigo account in order to keep  track of all of my online research.  I put the link to them into my diigo and then connected my diigo to my blog so that it is easy to go to my sites.  I also created Weebly and Wordpress blogs.  Weebly is a very simple website maker.  To design it, you drag elements into the page.  In that sense, it is quite user friendly.  However, past experience with Weebly has taught me not to trust it since it does not save correctly if it has insufficient internet connectivity and thus often loses recently added elements and even entire pages.  Wordpress is a more complex tool. There are many more things to change and customize, once you are used to the layout.  However, at first it can be overwhelming and its complexity gives it a very long loading time.  I personally prefer this tool, Blogger, for website creation because it is generally easier to deal with and I have also spent more time learning it so it is easier for me to understand.  My final creation was a bubble.us account.  This creates mind maps, such as the ones I drew below.  It is very easy to understand and edit.  I will probably use these tools a lot throughout this project.

Here is an example of a bubble.us mind map:

No comments:

Post a Comment